Edenfield Village Residents Association - SUMMARY OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF 15TH APRIL 2015
There were 13 committee members and 1 guest present, with 6 apologies for absence.
The Chairman, in welcoming everyone to the meeting, expressed sadness at the death of Peter Law, a long time supportive member of the association.
The minutes of the meeting held on 18th March were approved as a correct record.
- Improvement work on the former Horse & Jockey needs to be completed within 4 months
- Cllr Cheetham is looking into the repair of the mosaic tiles in the Memorial Garden
- Plans for the new children`s play area on the recreation ground are out for consultation. It was agreed that the Spring Newsletter will be used to encourage residents to comment.
FellRace – Sunday, 31st May
Arrangements for the fell race were finalised and a start time of 10.30am agreed. The Chairman thanked Cath Hignett for attending the meeting and for all her help organising the event.
Edenfield & District Community Association - EDCA - had not met since the previous meeting so there was no report.
The Secretary advised there were no new planning issues and no correspondence had been received.
Edenfield in Bloom - grant application forms are awaited from Lancashire County Council.
Edenfield Cricket Club v Edenfield Residents Cricket Match on Sunday, 31st May
The Vice-Chairman confirmed he is organising the residents` team.
Spring Newsletter - the topics to be covered in the newsletter were finalised and all volunteer deliverers confirmed their availability. Several burglaries from garden sheds had been reported and it was agreed to warn residents in the newsletter.
Civic Pride Litter Pick - members agreed Civic Pride should be advised that more volunteers were likely to be able to help at weekend .
The Treasurer gave a financial update.
Village Fete - Saturday, 6th June
The sub-committee had met again to firm up the attractions for the fete and the Chairman reported back on the progress made, including the cake competition, a new event. Tasks in the action plan were agreed on.
- A meeting had been held with the manager of Fletcher Bank Quarry and he had confirmed that any instances of bad driving reported to him would be acted on.
- Edenfield Cricket Club has erected its new welcome sign (funded by EVRA). The Club has made an appeal for a CD/audio player and speakers.
The Chairman thanked everyone for attending and confirmed that the next meeting would be on Wednesday 20th May.